Error after Login

hevinkorton

19 Jun, 2013 03:52 AM

Ok so i just downloaded Berta,uploaded the files to my server (fatcow) and when I go to log in I get this error:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_44b3874fa7432f79479237de083e9fb0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/waloraweb020/b581/moo.kevinahortoncom/engine/_classes/class.bertasecurity.php on line 86

Ive searched the rest of the discussion board and couldnt find a solution, or anyone with the exact same error as me, the closest I found was a warning that was the result of a problem with Berta's database. Any help will be awesome.

1. 1 Posted by hevinkorton on 19 Jun, 2013 03:51 PM

There are more Errors on the bottom of the screen I didnt see before. I think I have a better understanding of what the 2nd one means and am trying my best to trouble shoot.

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_479cd64c6c65863ec5d0198f5d1ae2b9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

2. 2 Posted by hevinkorton on 19 Jun, 2013 04:37 PM

Called Fatcow, they said the errors were basically saying that my Login info was wrong. I am removing Berta from my server changing my username and pw in inc.conf.php and reuploading Berta to my server. I will post results.

3. 3 Posted by hevinkorton on 19 Jun, 2013 04:45 PM

that didn't change anything, I still get the same errors as soon as I go to mydomainname/engine before even entering my login info. Once I do enter my info the screen reloads and clears my username and password. and the cycle repeats.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Uldis on 19 Jun, 2013 06:23 PM

Hello,
    you need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to make server folder /var/php_sessions/ writable. Berta is using sessions and server software (PHP) is storing session files in this folder.

Good luck

5. Uldis closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2013 06:23 PM.

6. hevinkorton re-opened this discussion on 20 Jun, 2013 12:09 AM

7. 5 Posted by hevinkorton on 20 Jun, 2013 12:13 AM

Thanks for the response.
    I called my hosting provider and there was no folder named /var or /php_sessions. over the phone we created both, with php_sessions inside of var (var/php_sesions) and made them both writable. this didnt do anything, We tried both in the /root folder (where all of my Berta files are located) and also in the temp folder but to no avail.

8. 6 Posted by hevinkorton on 20 Jun, 2013 04:06 AM

Update: I had my friend, who recomended Berta to me, re upload all of the Berta files he downloaded to my server. He has the same server and had to do nothing to make it work. After he did that and made a storage folder and set all permissions we still got the same error.

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Uldis on 20 Jun, 2013 02:40 PM

Ask your hosting provider where PHP is storing session files for your site.
    Your error messages says:
    Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_479cd64c6c65863ec5d0198f5d1ae2b9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory

Your server can't create a session for Berta.
    What's the address or your site?

10. Uldis closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2013 02:40 PM.

11. hevinkorton re-opened this discussion on 21 Jun, 2013 02:52 PM

12. 8 Posted by hevinkorton on 21 Jun, 2013 02:52 PM

my domain is www.kevinahorton.com, I have a temporary homepage up now so youll have to go to my engine to see the errors.

Ill have to call fatcow again and talk to them

13. Uldis closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2013 06:34 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac