problems after install / editing impossible

guzzee

06 Mar, 2014 11:38 PM

Hey dear support team,

i just downloaded the latest berta, and installed it on my server (my host is https://www.strato.de/hosting/ --> Package Power Web Basic).
then i created a subdomain (adding a www. to my actual domain) to change the namerserver, otherwise it was not possible referring to the support of my hosting site. but i could not log into the site. "the server was not available."
trying out some things i made an intern redirection to the server / album where i saved the downloaded files. (i saved it at /cgi-bin/website/)
after that i could log into berta to complete the install BUT i could not type any details, there were no yellow fields to edit, nor in the engine i i can't change anything or create new sections.

do you have got any clue what's wrong?am i already completly wrong with that redirection mentioned above?
sorry, i am not really into this...maybe it is that simple that i can not see it.

thanks in advance for any tips!
best regards,

guzzee

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Uldis on 07 Mar, 2014 07:29 AM

Hello,
    this seems like a server configuration problem or Berta installation problem, check if your "storage" folders all files and subfolders have set to chmod 777.

We are short in our resources to support every downloaded Berta, please read more here: http://support.berta.me/kb/faq/support-by-bertame-team

Good luck

2. Uldis closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2014 07:29 AM.

3. guzzee re-opened this discussion on 12 Mar, 2014 11:38 AM

4. 2 Posted by guzzee on 12 Mar, 2014 11:38 AM

Hey dear team,

thanks a lot for the quick answer.
    I already had checked the storage folder, all files were set to chmod 777.

BUT i resolved the problem. After trying different things:

I deleted everything from my server, re-installed everything on it.
    Before this, the whole berta-files were placed in the already existing folder "\cgi-bin\" where i had put a redirection on my domain to this folder.

Now i put everything outside of "\cgi-bin\" in a extra folder "website" and giving a new redirection on my server to this folder.
    And now it works. I don't know why but well, i am quite happy.

Thanks anyways...
    peace

guz

5. Uldis closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2014 02:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac